Well, it's not even July yet and we've already been to the beach a few times. I'm feeling a little spoiled, but we sure have enjoyed it. We've been with lots of different friends but each time has been truly fun and amazing! We've always gone to Cape Henlopen State Park down in Lewes, DE but I've heard there are other great beaches around too that we're hoping to go check out this summer.
The kids don't actually go out into the water, the waves are too big, but they love taunting the waves as they chase them up the beach, they love digging in the sand and making holes that they hope the water will fill up for them to splash in. So, since we have been a couple of times and since we have so much fun, I have about a million pics below that I had a hard time narrowing down. So if you're up for it, grab a comfy chair, put your feet up and enjoy! :D





I love this picture of Abi, Kambree, and Emma just dancing in the waves. I shows perfectly how they were feeling at this moment-just happy and carefree! You can see why we love these outing so much!
This last time we went we saw tons and tons of jellyfish. Luckily they were the non-stinging kind. We kept seeing them floating out just beyond the shore and actually rolling up on the shore caught in big waves. The kids (and I must admit, me too)we just fascinated by these strange looking gooey animals. They loved that they could touch them and feel the weird texture and watch them roll in the waves.


We even caught one and put it in a bucket for a few minutes for the kids (and us adults too;) to watch...Jason kept throwing sand in the bucket so we decided we better put it back in the ocean before he killed it.
Everett and Jason having fun in the sand with a bucket of water.
Ty came to join in on the fun...
Emma decided that she didn't want to play in the waves after seeing the jellyfish, she hung out up higher on the beach the rest of the day.
"Hey dad, here I am!"

Jason LOVES this place...and why wouldn't he?! He gets to play in the dirt ALL day!
Then came the real trial, we decided to try and get a picture of all the kids-9 of them to be exact....here's the evidence of how well that went.Take 1

Take 2

Take 3

Take 4-this one surprised the kids with a huge wave that washed way up on shore.

Take 5-right before I took this picture I yelled, "Look! There's a spider on Monica's head!" trying to get the kids to look at the camera. Monica wasn't aware of what I was doing and when I yelled it she started screaming thinking that she really did have a spider on her head-it was great!!! But hey, most of them are looking :D

And Take 6-we give up!
If you're ever in the mood for a beach trip, give us a call!











3 comments:
I demand that you come back to CT NOW, and bring those Andersons with you. Grrr. Just kidding. Looks like fun!
Jealous on so many levels.
So awesome you get to hang out with Rob & Steph's family.
I'm missing the beach already and winter is just begining...I'm in trouble.
P.S. I loved Allison M. comment. She makes me laugh.
Post a Comment