Sunday, June 19, 2011

ALL ABOARD...

The POTTY TRAIN! Ah, so silly...last summer Emma and her cute little friend, David, were both working so hard on potty training. Well, his mom and I were constantly talking to them about potty training and how the other one was doing it as well. So one day David asked his mom, "When are we going on the potty train?!?!" Marianne and I got a kick outta that, SO funny! Well, what better time than a birthday?!

This year for Emma's birthday, instead of doing a party or anything, she wanted to ride a train-with David! So that's exactly what we did. The Strong family and our family headed up to ride the Strasburg Railroad on Memorial Day. It was a blazing hot day and we got the open air car, but we still had SO much fun! The three "middle-sized" kids all crammed onto one bench together and were ready to go. The whole ride they were just giggling and staring out the car watching the trees and people and animals go by, I loved every minute of watching them love every minute of the train ride.


David was so nice and brought a present for Emma-a Rapunzel doll!!!! Abi already had a little one (polly-pocket size) and Emma had been wanting one SOOOO badly but we never got her one. Never fear-David's here! Now Emma has her own little Rapunzel and as you can tell, she couldn't be happier!

Steve and Jason. You can tell from looking at Jas-it's HOTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! But I love this pic. (although I can't figure out why blogger wouldn't let me upload any of my edited pics, I made the coloring on this one much better-oh well...)

I just loved all their little "croc" feet just dangling there, it looked so cute to me!

Ooh, a sucker! Not sure why it was so exciting to Emma, but glad I caught this face on camera anyway :D


Sweet, sweaty Abi.
(I had edited this one too but her red eyes are back...what's going on???)

Cool sucker, dude!

We're at the half way point here and the Engine has to drive along side us to go hook up to, what was, the back of the train so we can get back to the station.
I have to admit, I was a little relieved at this point...it was SO hot and we were SO thirsty I was glad that it was almost over-but don't tell the little people ;)
The kids thought it was soooo cool to see the engine drive along side us.

The whole gang, minus the moms that HAD to take pics. Who can blame us, that's a great looking bunch, right?!

After the train ride we headed over to Red Robin for some yummy burgers and a free sundae for the birthday girl...a perfect end to a perfect day!

2 comments:

mandmstrong said...

Oh, we LOVE the potty train!
Your pic turned out so cute.
Thanks you for letting us share this special day!

Cath said...

What a fun outing! The Potty Train. LOL. Love your cute kids.