I was super nervous about her riding the bus but she REALLY wanted to so I knew I needed to let go a little and let her have this. I was just worried that she wouldn't make it to her class or the bus would come by to drop kids off after school and she wouldn't be on it. Luckily none of that has happened so far. In fact, they are so well organized I don't think they could lose a Kindergartner if they tried. The bus drops them off in the back of the school where a teacher is waiting for them. Then the teacher walks them all to their classes (they have name tags attached to their back packs so all the grown ups know where each of the kids go). When school is over they do it all again, just in reverse. And the bus drivers don't let kindergartners off the bus unless an adult is waiting for them-I like that! I think riding the bus has been Abi's favorite part so far. She even made a little friend that she rides home with every day.
Emma, Abi, and Ella waiting for the bus on the first day. SO EXCITING!
And off they go......what big girls!
When she got home a few hours later she was ALL smiles! She LOVED it so much. I asked her if it was the best day ever and she told me that, "no, it wasn't the best day EVER because every kindergarten day is going to be the best!" That is a great attitude, I just hope it sticks. :D
Emma and Jason have loved walking to and from the bus stop. Every time Jason sees a bus now he says, "Abi's bus!" This has been a fun experience for the whole family.
And just cuz I thought she looked so cute on her second day I decided to take a pic.

2 comments:
Huge milestone! She looks so big....but then again, we haven't seen her for awhile, right? Glad there wasn't any bus drama. It is scary to send them on a bus!
They has similar rules for K in CT. Such an exciting day! Glad everything went well.
Post a Comment