We have such great friends! One of these wonderful families took pity on us this weekend and invited us to come boating with them on the Susquehanna River again (they were so nice last year too!)
I must admit, I was really nervous to take Jason, I wasn't sure how he'd do. Didn't know if he'd wear his life jacket without screaming. Didn't know if he'd want to be jumping off the boat into the water the whole time. Didn't know if he'd be scared and scream the whole time. Turns out, as usual, those nerves were unfounded. Jason had a great time-we ALL had a great time!
When we first put the life jacket on Jasers he screamed and tried to take it off, but once he saw that Abi and Emma had them on too he calmed down a bit. Then once we were on the boat he completely forgot about it and had a great time! (I told him to say "cheese" but he chose to say "apples!" instead :D)

Abi is such a brave girl-she took on the tube with a big smile! Sami was so sweet to ride with her and make sure she was safe and having fun. Mara was on her own tube dancing and trying to stand up-loads of fun!

Here's Abi's cheering section.
Emma was happy to just sit on the boat and soak up the scenery-even the brown muddy water (thank you very much, Irene!)

Then us big girls got out on the tube-Mara and Shannon on one tube and Sam and I on the other. We had a crazy, but FUN, ride! Shannon needed to get off because she couldn't see anything, so while they were pulling her in Steve and I started toying with the idea of letting Jason try the tube. Steve handed him to me and he was clinging to me for dear life. But he did lay down on his tummy and started waving to Steve. I don't think he was ever smiling, but he was at least putting up with his crazy parents. Well, then we decided to go for a short little ride-VERY SLOWLY! As soon as the boat started moving the tears started flowing. Jason was NOT happy-he kept calling for "daddy." We probably didn't go more the 5 mph and more than 30 seconds, but it was PLENTY for Jas. He's such a trooper!

See those big tears? I was trying to reassure him and talk to him the whole time, but that didn't help. That's ok, not many 1 year olds would be happy with this situation ;)

That wild ride wore him out. As soon as he got ahold of his daddy he put his head down and konked out.

It was a super fun day and I hope they'll take pity on us again next year!
1 comment:
So fun! Love the little picture of Jason knocked out with Steve. The river looks amazing! So glad you got to go.
Post a Comment