Near the end of summer we decided that we needed to get the girls into some sort of physical activity at the YMCA. We gave them 3 choices: swimming lessons, dance, or soccer. I told each of the girls to rank them in order of what they'd like to do most. LUCKILY they both wanted to try playing soccer. I'm glad they both chose the same activity as their favorite because I was going to make them do the same thing anyway;)
So, here it is. They were put on the same team-PHEW!!!-and now every Saturday is spent cheering on team DYNAMO! They haven't won any games, but they are definitely getting better and better each week.
Emma is so fun to watch. She just smiles and smiles the whole time. She runs with the pack but usually sticks to the back of it and just runs around smiling. Every now and then she'll kick the ball...

Abi on the other hand is determined to make a goal. She hasn't yet, but she's gotten really close. One time she even kicked it all the way down the field to her goal but then she sort of our ran the ball before she could kick it in. She was SOOO happy though that she got that far. She runs at the front of the pack always trying to get the ball. She shouts out to her team which way their net is if they start running the wrong way-I think it's silly! AND she cheers for her team while she's running around. I just love hearing that from the sidelines :D

The first half hour is spent practicing. Emma's getting pretty good at dribbling the ball, but she likes to kick it hard out in front of her so she sometimes loses the ball.

Abi's working really hard on keeping the ball close so no one steals it from her. I think that's how she outran the ball when she was so close to scoring. She'll figure it out though, she's getting really good.

Some last minute instruction before heading out into the trenches!
It's been really fun to watch this cute little team evolve over the last month and a half. Who knows, maybe Abi will get her goal in one of the last 2 games...GO DYNAMO!!!
1 comment:
Holy cow! - look at that field! Do they ever mow it?
I am super impressed your girls chose soccer - not a lot of female participation there - and there should be more! The girls on my boys team absolutely rock.
Post a Comment