Wednesday, April 25, 2007

You call that a puddle???

So, I don't know how many of you heard that the night Steve was coming to get me from the airport we were having a major Nor'easter (luckily it was rain and not snow this time around) and he said he drove through a big puddle and our car started to act funny. Luckily he was right by our friend's home and was able to borrow their car to come and get me. Well, his wife posted some pics of this "puddle," as Steve referred to it, on her blog, so I thought I'd share them with you so you can see what it looked like just down the street from our apartment.
I don't know that I'd call this a "Puddle" as much as a lake in the road...when I saw this picture I couldn't believe how bad it was. By the time we got home it was much smaller.

This is Jason Arbuckle, our Elder's Quorm President, who let us borrow his car. He's a pretty tall guy, look how high up the water is on him!!! And I think we had it pretty easy where we lived, there were some other people in our ward who had it a lot worse than us.

These are the train tracks that Steve's train rides on every morning to work. They probably stick up about 4 or 5 inches above the ground, normally...his train didn't make it the next day.

Well, luckily our car is up and running again, we had some water in one of the spark plug cylinders, but I got it all cleaned out, so we're good to go.

Luckily, the weather has greatly improved since then, we've been able to get out and go to the park a couple of times. Abi loves the park. Yesterday we went with some friends and as soon as I set her down she took off running towards the jungle gym, climbed up it to the tallest point and slid down the twisty slide all by herself. I tried to catch up with her because I thought she'd need some help, but apparently not. What an independent little one she is.


















2 comments:

Jill said...

Glad your car is up and running again! And it's a beautiful day when your toddler can manage the playground solo! Much more enjoyable to take them to the park! Enjoy! Jill

Abi said...

Oh my . . . that is a pretty huge puddle . . . I can see why the car started to act funny! Man that is crazy! We love you guys!