Grandma and Grandpa Lloyd
We have had some visitors this week to meet the new little one and to help out a bit. My parents got here last Friday and they leave tomorrow, I can't believe it's already been a week! It has been a lot of fun having them here and it's allowed me to get some rest while Steve's been at a training for work this week. Abi has absolutely enjoyed them being here, I don't think she's let Papa rest for more than a minute at a time. We have done lots of fun things with them this past week-we went to Palisades Mall and ate at the Cheesecake factory and then let Abi ride the carousel there, we went to our ward Memorial Day party at Tod's Point, my parents took Abi to the Aquarium, we went to the beach, we went to the Stepping Stones Museum, the park, all sorts of stuff. Emma hasn't done much, she just mostly sleeps and messes in her diapers.
We had her 2 week check up today and she is doing great! She weighs 8lbs 3 oz, she is 21 in. (2 inches longer than her birth lenght) and her head is 14 1/2 cm. which is only in the 75th percentile-much smaller than most of the Lloyd babies. At her 4 day check up they were worried about her weight because she hadn't gained any weight since we left the hospital, so they told us we had to feed her every 2 hours for 30 minutes, apparently it worked, they were just hoping she'd get back up to her birth weight, 7lbs 13 oz, but she went above and beyond...
Thanks for the "GO UTES!!" boppy, Corrine.
Emma loves it and so does Abi
Abi had so much fun at the park with Grandpa. She'd been having a bit of a hard time adjusting to life with a little sister, but she's finally getting the hang of things. It was good for her to get a little extra attention from Papa.
It was so great to have my mom and dad out here this week! I am glad Emma got to meet them and that Abi was able to see them again. I am even more glad that they were here to help me out this week since I'm still recovering from having a baby, what life savers!!!
5 comments:
Aren't grandparents the greatest! We miss you guys! Jill & fam
Holy Cow! It sounds like you are keeping yourself busy....ENTERTAINING! I hope you are still getting some rest and recovering. She is darling, so precious! Congratulations! Tiny, too. Someone at playgroup the other day said you had a 10 lb baby. I said there was no way by how small you carried. Anyway, I'll give you a call sometime after your parents leave to see how you are doing! Congratulations! Oh, I found your blog from hopping from another.
I can't believe how much Emma is starting to look like her big sister. What beautiful daughters you have.
how fun! I bet you are tired. Emma is so cute and Abi is giant!!! can't wait to see you all--loves Kat
Oh man those are cute girls!! We can't wait to see them up close & personal. Aubrey is standing here saying over and over "Let's go see Emma. Let's go see Emma!" If only we could!
By the way, cool boppy cover!
Post a Comment