Saturday, May 26, 2007

New Adventures

Well, we're on day 6 with Emma and things seem to be going pretty smoothly so far, but daddy's been home the whole time and Grandma and Grandpa Lloyd arrived last night, so I'm sure I am gaining some false hope here. We have had lots of meals brought in and lots of help with Abi, we are so lucky out here to have such wonderful friends, I was so nervous doing this away from family, but our ward family has definitely filled in great!!!

Abi loved the mashed potatoes from the Arbuckles, especially the way they felt between her fingers.I just can't believe I caught this on camera, luckily it was right next to me when she did this...so funny!!!

We gave Emma her first bath at home the other night. Abi was anxious to be right there with us and help. She was an excellent little helper. Emma screamed through the whole thing, but at least she doesn't smell like the hospital anymore, so it was worth it.


Friday was our 7th wedding anniversary so we decided to celebrate with a trip to the beach with our girls. It was pretty hot out so we didn't stay too long, but it was fun. We got Abi a bucket and some new shovels, so she and Steve had a fun time playing in the sand. Emma and I tried to stay in the shade and relax.





Emma slept through the whole thing




Abi's favorite part of building in the sand is destroying it! She jumped right on in and started using her hand as a wrecking ball.


All packed up and ready to head on home, what a fun time!


We are excited to have my parents out here this week and Steve's out here next week, too bad we can't keep them out here for the next year.

Emma

Abi
Do you think we're related??? I showed Steve the pic of Emma in the swing and he thought it was Abi.
We love our girls!!!




3 comments:

d.r. gib said...

They do look so much a like. The pictures from the hospital did not show how much they do look like each other. How cute. I wish we could see her in person but I know we will soon. Have fun the next couple weeks with visiting family, but try to get some rest too, you'll need it!!! KAT

Jill said...

Oh, Emma is so cute! the picture of the girls in the stroller help us to see how much Abi has grown since we've seen her last! Have fun with your parents! I know J&R are excited to come out! We love you guys! Jill

Anonymous said...

Grandma Arveseth is learning how to leave a comment....Bye!