Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Introducing our little Emma


Announcing the birth of our newest little angel, Emma LuJean Arvy.
Born: Sunday May 20, 2007 at 10:40 p.m.
7lbs 13 oz, 19 1/2 in long

Well, Sunday morning started out somewhat normal until I realized that the contractions I had been feeling were getting stronger and closer together. It was a bit of a surprise since it's not like our family to go in to labor, but it was much more exciting than being induced. After a long day of being in labor here at home, the contractions jumped down to 7 minutes apart so we decided to call the doctor to see if we needed to go in to the hospital. As soon as we got off the phone with him they jumped down to about 4 minutes apart, so we knew it was time to go. After getting Abi off to some friends of ours (THANKS so much Detlings!!!) we were on our way. We got to the hospital around 8:00 or so and got the epidural going and then we thought we were in for a pretty good wait. Well, by 10:20 I was pushing and by 10:40 Emma was here. It all went so quickly that we couldn't believe it! We thought for sure it would be the middle of the night before we got to meet this little angel. She is healthy as can be, she's been a pretty happy little one so far. Abi took a little bit to warm up to her, but she is starting to come around. She gives Emma her toys (so far no injuries, knock on wood!) and will walk up to her and hunch down and "talk" to her, it's so cute to see Abi interact with her. Here are some pics that we have taken so far, Enjoy!!!

Hi Mommy!!!

In spite of of my pain, I had to be sure and tell Steve the time that each contraction started so he could plot it on his excel chart to prove to himself that I was indeed in labor. For me, the intense pain was evidence enough, but leave it to an accountant to turn it into a number crunching exercise.


Abi's first time meeting her new little sister, she wasn't sure what to think.



The proud Papa



She eventually warmed up though...



And even started talking to her.



Abi even wanted (or so we thought) to bring her home



But once we were home she wasn't as thrilled.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations! She's a cutie and makes your little Abi look not so little anymore! I can't believe Emma has so much dark hair! We love you guys! Jill & fam

The Dillinghams said...

So cute! Congratulations...Cale has not kept me in the loop here. Hope all is well. I can't wait to meet your sweet little Emma! And to hear all about the labor, lucky you, I am jealous! Congrats again!

d.r. gib said...

Congratulations and good luck with the late nights/early mornings. We seemed to have forgotten how rough it can be the first month. Darin

The Parkers said...

Way to go!!! Abi will get over it, just let her push the baby around in a doll stroller! Ha ha ha

Abi said...

Emma and Abi are darling girls. I love having two girls! Sisters are wonderful . . . as you know! I am so glad it went well. I love how Steve did the graph! We miss you guys!

Meredith said...

Congratulations! Abi will get the hang of it when she realizes how great it is to have a sister to share her secrets with (although, I hope that her secrets right now are only as big as where she hid her sippy cup :) )

Emma is darling and I'm excited to meet her in person!

Congrats on her arrival and that everything went so well getting her here.