Well yesterday was a beautiful day. It was supposed to only be in the low 70s, but it was so humid that it felt a lot hotter than that. I thought I was getting used to the humidity from last summer, but it's a whole different experience when you're pregnant, talk about puffy feet!!! To help us cool down I blew up Abi's new little swimming pool and filled it with water for her to splash around in. Now, when I bought the pool, I thought it would be a little deeper than it actually is, so please don't laugh at me for the itty bitty pool she had to play in yesterday. Steve took pity on her and told her that we'd get her a little bigger one soon. Luckily the one I got her was only $3 at Wal-Mart, so no big loss. Regardless of the size of the pool, Abi had such a fun time in it.

Oh, and Abi (Hammer) I highly recommend the swimmer diapers to avoid problems like you had yesterday! :) Just teasing!!!

Other news for us, I'm about a week and a half away from my due date and I am soooo physically ready to have this baby, my back is not happy with me this time around. I don't know if we're ready here in our home, but we'll get there. I think Abi's sort of starting to catch on, Steve will ask her where the baby is and she'll point to my stomach. Then Steve will say to her, "can you give the baby a kiss?" and she'll kiss my stomach. I'm sure she doesn't realize we'll be bringing a baby home in a few weeks, but it's a step in the right direction. We're so glad that our parents are going to be able to come out after that baby's born to meet her and to help us adjust.
1 comment:
Cute pool! It doesn't look like she cares how deep it is. I'm glad you found one with the soft bottom. I'd like to sit in it today! Good luck with the heat and humidity- you're almost there!! Go have some ice cream. You deserve it!
Post a Comment