Thursday, May 3, 2007

Spring is in bloom...


Well, it's finally starting to look like spring out here. The trees are blossoming, it is beautiful! I love this time of year out here because it gets so ugly during the winter with all the of the dead trees surrounding everything, so it's nice to get a change.


Speaking of blossoming trees, one tree that has really grown lately is our family tree. We have had 4 new nieces born in the last few months. It is soooo fun to get pictures of these cute little girls, I just wish I could see them all in person.


The first ones to arrive were Samantha and Alexandra Arvy (Doug and Cath's twins). They made a grand entrance into the world on February 10th. They were quite unexpected at that time, but we are so happy that they're here and that everyone is healthy. We were able to go down to DC to visit about a month ago. We were only able to see Alexandra since Samantha was still in the NICU, plus that's when Abi had her Penicillan reaction, so our visiting time was limited, but at least we made it for a bit.



Then, on April 20th (another unexpected delivery date) Corrine and Tim had their little girl, Lydia Claire Prest. They had a really hard time naming her, so they narrowed it down to a few names and let the hospital photographer pick the final name. I was lucky enough to be able to go see this little one in Utah. Steve surprised me and found some reasonable airfare for me to fly out for a weekend to meet her. (by the way, my sister made this boppy cover and she will make any kind of boppy cover that you may want for $13)

Then, last but definitely not least, our last little niece Makayla Jane was born on Monday April 23rd. Kat and Darin went in to have her on Friday the 20th, but Kat had too high of a fever (she was having a planned C-section) to do it then, so they went back on Monday and everything went perfectly. This little one I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, I hope that once ours arrives we'll be able to plan a trip out to Utah to see her and the rest of our families.
(You can tell from the last 2 pics that we start embedding this whole Ute fan thing at an early age. Abi has this same onesie that Makayla is wearing.)

Now we have just under 3 weeks until my due date, so we'll add one more girl to the mix. We went and did a tour of the Stamford Hospital on Tuesday night and it wasn't until then that this all really sank in. Not that the big belly, the sore hips, etc. weren't enough to make this whole pregnancy seem real, but until I saw the delivery room and such did I realize how close to the end we are. I am kind of in panick mode now, I just am trying to figure out how I'm going to handle a second one, I feel like Abi's still a "baby." I know lots of people do it and we'll figure it out, but at this point I'm a little freaked out. Luckily Steve will be able to take a few weeks off and we're having our parents out soon after she comes, but once everyone goes back to their normal lives and it's just me and the two little monkeys all day long who knows what will happen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Abi said...

Hill- You are such an awesome mom! You can do it! I loved two kids. It was amazing for me . . . three on the other hand . . . just kidding! I am so happy to hear how you are doing.

Unknown said...

Cute babies all around! You will be great! Luckily, the newborns stay where you put them, even if they scream when you put them down. I wish I could be there to help you. I can't wait to meet little what's-her'name Arvy! How about Darby Arvy??? Bet you hadn't thought about that name! Ü

Jill said...

You will handle everything just fine, Hill! And the more you have, the more fun! We can't wait to meet your little one! Miss you guys! Jill