Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fun facts about us...

I was inspired by a friend, Kirsta Evans', blog to do this. She posted a bunch of fun facts about her little family and I just loved reading it, so I decided to do the same thing.

50 facts about our family:

1. Steve & I have been married 7 years
2. We are major University of Utah football fans-GO UTES!!!
3. Steve and I have pretty much opposite tastes in food, it's hard to plan meals that way.
4. Steve dislocated his shoulder while fishing a few years ago-you'll have to ask him about it :)
5. Hillary had her gall bladder out in March of 2006.
6. Abi is a fearless little climber and wiggle worm, just like her cousin Aubrey
7. We're glad Abi and Aubrey don't get together more often to teach eachother more tricks.
8. Steve comes from a family with all sons
9. Hillary comes from a family with all daughters
10. We love to waterski
11. As soon as Hillary gets the OK from her doc at her 6 week post delivery appointment, she's going to start training to run a 10K in Boston in October with a friend in the ward.
12. We are going to be taking our first trip to the Outer Banks this fall with some friends.
13. 2 years ago we thought Hillary's youngest sister and her husband had been abducted when no one could reach them and their apartment was trashed. Turns out they were ok, the story's too long to type here, you'll have to ask about it...pretty funny story.
14. Steve and I climbed to the top of Mt. Olympus in Utah a few years ago, what an accomplishment for Hillary!
15. Emma is a little volcano-she spits up none stop!
16. Steve is the ward Membership clerk
17. Hillary is the CTR 6 teacher
18. Steve and I like to golf together (Hillary's not that good)
19. Steve, Hillary, and Abi are all allergic to Penicillan (we probably won't ever letEmma have any either with our family track record)
20. Emma is the youngest grandchild on both sides of the family-she's # 19 on the Arvy side and #7 on the Lloyd side.
21. Abi goes berzerk every night when Steve gets home from work, she just loves that time of day.
22. Hillary usually ends up eating the same thing that Abi's having for lunch, so I have Peanut butter and jam sandwiches, Mac and Cheese or hotdogs for lunch everyday.
23. Abi loves looking at books, she'll go get them out of the little basket and them come over to you and back up on to your lap so you'll look at it with her.
24. Steve was once held up at knife point on his mission and all they wanted was his baseball hat that he was wearing-must have been some hat!
25. Hillary was a mortgage loan processor up until a week before Abi was born.
26. We have been living in Connecticut for a year and a half and still bank at a Utah credit union.
27. Everytime Steve sees a Jeep Wrangler he starts to miss his old Jeep.
28. Our first pet as a married couple was a beta fish named Peso.
29. Abi asked to sit on the potty yesterday for the first time, she said "peepee on the potty?"
30. She didn't actually go to the bathroom while sitting there, but she was happy to sit there.
31. Our favorite T.V. show to watch together is The Office.
32. Abi has been on 15 plane rides and she's only 1!
33. Abi has been in 10 states, and again, she's only 1!
34. President Hinckley and President Faust were both in our last ward in Salt Lake City.
35. President Hinckley was there when we blessed Abi.
36. Steve and I had to speak in sacrament meeting once in that ward and both President Hinckley and Faust were there-that was SCARY!!!
37. The room where Emma was born was #1402, which are the last 4 digits of my parent's phone number.
38. Steve and I are not as interesting as I thought because I am running out of things to write, I don't know that I'll make it to 50...
39. Oh, Steve will turn 30 this year
40. His birthday is New Year's Eve.
41. Steve's favorite food is sushi
42. Hill can't stand the stuff, especially the texture of it.
43. Hill's favorite food is pizza
44. Steve doesn't like pizza
45. We both love Cafe Rio-too bad there's not one out here.
46. Abi loves being in nursery
47. Steve loves Abi being in Nursery, he can actually go to class now.
48. Hopefully Emma won't keep Steve from being able to go to Elder's Quorm.
49. We have been to Utah football games in 7 different stadiums.
50. There is really nothing else to say about our little family :)

6 comments:

d.r. gib said...

That was fun! I will have to do that. We will have to share potty training stories and encourage each other. We are good, hope to see you soon. --Kat

Unknown said...

Love it! I am jealous of abi's travels!

By the way, you jinxed us. Aubrey colored ALL OVER the house with a blue crayon yesterday while I was feeding Lydia. Thanks! Ü

Abi was teaching her new tricks!

Hillary said...

I knew when Abi and Aubrey were talking on the phone for 5 or 10 minutes it couldn't have been good for either of us!!! We're hoping to come out in August, we'll have to keep them separated :)
Maybe by the Zach and Abi will both be potty trained too, so they can share their stories.

Jill said...

You forgot to mention that Steven is gay in your 50 facts.

Amanda

Unknown said...

Aubrey one-up'd Abi today. Permanent marker on the fridge! Ahhh!

kj said...

Hillary, I'm so glad you did this...I was hoping that everyone I know that has a blog would do it too. Fun stuff! -kirsta