Friday, August 10, 2007

President James Faust

I'm sure most of you have heard already, President Faust passed away in his home this morning. The only reason I could find anywhere was that it was "age related." President Faust was such a wonderful man, I loved hearing him talk...he had such a calm distinguished voice and gave wonderful, meaningful talks.

We had the privilege of being in his ward before we moved to Connecticut. We never got to meet him personally, but just seeing him every week in sacrament meeting was a neat experience. You could just see what an honest and wonderful man he was by his countenance. One Sunday we had to speak in Sacrament meeting and we were told that neither he nor President Hinckley were going to be there that day so my nerves calmed down quite a bit. But all of a sudden they both walked into the chapel and my heart about stopped. Steve and I were sitting up on the stand when they entered and we all stood up. When he got up on the stand he looked over at us and smiled and gave us a little wave-when he did that it calmed me down a bit-it helped me realize what a kind and real person he is.

He will be missed by millions of people around the world I'm sure, I am just glad that I have had the privilege to learn so much from him!

2 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Hey hil, the thing about the bills are that the insurance is supposed to cover them, but since i have two they mess up all the time. Its all good though, it usually works out in the end.
your babied are cute, so much hair! Soon Nate and I will move back east, hopefully West virginia, so we wont be too far, everything is close out there.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see that you paid tribute to President Faust. As you know my husband is a convert to the church. And to sit with him today and watch the funeral services was very humbling. Not only was this Michael's first experience with a General Authority passing away, it was also his first time seeing an LDS funeral. The spirit was so strong in our home as Michael and I sat quietly and listened about President Faust's life and leadership in the Church.