Sunday, November 25, 2007

Party Time!!!!

Happy birthday Abi!!!

Abi is reaching the ripe old age of 2 this coming Wednesday, so we had a little party for her on Saturday morning. We had a fun time with a few of Abi's little friends.
We started the party off by making some party hats for the kids. Being the not so bright person that I am, I didn't get a picture of all the kids together with their party hats on, but I got some of them making their hats...

Even Emma made a hat (well, grandma made it for her, but she sure looked cute in it!).
After the kids got their hats made we did pudding painting...well we tried anyway. For some reason the kids didn't like this little activity. I thought they would love digging their hands into the pudding and the spreading it all over the paper on the wall. That's alright though, at least I got a few funny pictures!

Abi was mad at Steve when he put her hands in the pudding.

Dane and Kambree were having fun. Daniel was too, but he was moving too fast for my slow camera so I didn't get any good pics of him.

After this activity we openend presents and had cake, this part was a hit!

It didn't take Abi long to remember the deal with opening presents, she loved that part! Thank you everyone for the great gifts!

I found this recipe on the back of a Betty Crocker cake mix and decided to give it a whirl, I think it turned out pretty good!
The kids loved the cupcakes! Abi decided to just dig in without her fork or her hands.

While we were doing all of this, Steve was in Abi's room setting up the grand finale...we blew up about 4 or 5 bags of balloons and filled Abi's room full of them. This was a HUGE hit! The kids saw all the balloons and just ran in there screaming and dove right on in!

This was a great way to end the party. The kids got to work off the sugar from their cupcakes and they played in there for almost an hour! What a fun day!

6 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

Happy Birthday Abi!

Looks like the party was a hit, especially the balloons.

Unknown said...

The girls love the balloons! Sorry the pudding painting wasn't as popular. Love you, girlies!

Jill said...

Can't believe Abi is 2!!!! Happy Birthday! Give her a squeeze for us!

Amanda said...

Daniel had such a great time!

Unknown said...

that looks like so much fun! I wish we could have been there. We will call tomorrow to sing though. I am glad mom and dad were there for it, and that they had an extended visit. miss you

Unknown said...

I love 2 year old parties! Looks like you did a great job because they look thrilled. I love the cake.
-Al