Sunday, December 23, 2007
Christmas thought
I love this time of year. I love the excitement of decorating the tree, hanging stockings, shopping for gifts. But even more than that, I love the extra time to reflect on the birth of Jesus Christ. The Spirit at this time of year is so much stronger to me because I am more focused on the Savior and his humble birth. When I think of Mary and Joseph in the stable surrounded by animals and then the miraculous entrance of Christ into this world I am so humbled and grateful for His life, His teachings, and then His selfless atoning sacrifice for each of us so that we may return to live with Him and our families forever. I am so grateful for the knowledge of Him and His gospel. I wish I could take the feelings that I feel and put them inside all of those who may not believe or not know of Christ, He gave so much for us and all he asks of us is to share His teachings and to live as righteous, good people. What a simple thing that is for us to do in return. One way that we have recently been asked to share His teachings is through modern technology, such as blogs, so I would like to take this opportunity to let all of you know that I love the gospel and I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and know their teachings are true and if we can live our lives in accordance with that, we can return to live with them for eternity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was beautiful Hillary and inspiring. I'll give it a shot soon!
Post a Comment