I'm sure that you moms out there have all had the experience where you say something to your child and within a few seconds you think to yourself, "Did I really just say that? I never thought in a millions years that I would ever have to say that phrase!" Well, I had another one of those moments tonight with Abi, so I thought I would share a few of these phrases...I've said so many that I can't remember even half of them, but here are some that I can think of:
~Abi, get your head out of the toilet! It's dirty in there!!!(This was the one I said tonight that inspired this post.)
~BandAids aren't stickers!
~If you would have napped you wouldn't be so tired right now! (This one may not seem strange at first, but I actually said it to Emma a few weeks ago when she was crying because she was exhausted but she wouldn't sleep, so I never thought I would find myself trying to reason with a 7 month old.)
~Is that a glue stick? Abi, that's not chapstick, stop putting it on your lips.
~If you sit on your sister's head one more time you are going straight to bed!
~You pushed and poop came out?!?! Way to go! (Abi's first and only time using the potty, but so exciting!)
Those are just a few...I would love to hear some of the funny things you find yourself saying to your children or whomever.
4 comments:
Phone call to Colton in Texas, "Colton, today we got a letter from your principal. She told us you were suspended for doing "Dirty Dancing" with hip thrusts in the cafeteria at lunch."
Um, Colton was in 1st grade when we got that letter from Mrs. Lyons. I can't believe we had to use the words "dirty dancing" and "hip thrusts" in a conversation with a 6 year old!
We are keeping that to use as blackmail when he starts dating.
Hilarious! I am going to have to brainstorm, but I know I've said plenty of crazy things!
Those are so so cute. I hope you had a wonderful holiday season!!
I have found myself saying things too. i just can't think of any right now.
Post a Comment