Monday, February 4, 2008

Friends


In an attempt to show more gratitude for all of the wonderful things that Steve, myself, and our girls have been given, I am going to try to post about our many blessing from time to time on this blog...so here is my first one.

We have been so blessed here in Connecticut with some wonderful friends. It is really because of these friends that I agreed to give Steve some more time out here to get his career going, otherwise we would have been back in Utah within days of his internship being over (sorry family!). Not only do Steve and I have some of the greatest friends, our daughters have made some amazing friends. Abi is always talking about her friends, wanting to play with them, and "get french fries" with them. Whenever I tell her that we're going to go see one of her friends she starts running around and squealing with excitement. Her friends have helped her learn to share, they have helped her learn to compromise, she is learning to use her imagination more with her playtime, and she really loves to be with them. Emma is still little and doesn't really "play" with friends, but there are a few little kids that she just lights up when she sees them. I hope she is as lucky in her friendships as Abi.

6 comments:

Barbara said...

I love it!!! I wish we were in the french fry loop!!!!

Amanda said...

Daniel just loves Abi and Emma and we love you guys! We're glad you have stayed in CT!

Jill said...

You're lucky to have found such fun friends! I guess it's ok that you are there......instead here....

The Dillinghams said...

Dane loves Abi and Emma, too. For some reason, he'll only say their names! Oh, and you can't leave CT unless we do:)

rachel said...

those are some really cute pictures. It looks like you guys are having tons of fun out here.

d.r. gib said...

your girls sure have a lot of cute boyfriends, I am not surprised though. I am glad you have great friends out there, those of us back in Utah don't have to worry about you guys, knowing that you have all that support out there in CT.