Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not quite ready to make such big decisions...

The other day I met up with some friends for lunch and they were commenting on how their little girls, both about Abi's age, pick out their own clothes sometimes. Well, the next day we weren't going anywhere (stuck at home since Emma had an infection in both ears and, as the doc put it, "a really bad cold with wheezing) I decided to give it a try. I told Abi to go in her room and pick a pair of pants and a shirt that she wanted to wear. Here is the resulting "disaster" of an outfit.
(What do these two articles of clothing have in common? Nothing, except they were both given to her by Grandma and Grandpa Lloyd-at separate times, obviously!)

I let her wear it though since I told her she could choose. I thought it was pretty funny. I guess next time I'll have to give her a little more direction.

BTW-does she look very sick to you? Not to me either. (Notice she's not in her jammies.)

5 comments:

d.r. gib said...

now you can let her choose between 2 tops and 2 bottoms, that is what I do with Zach. I let him choose his socks, whatever color he wants. Also, how do you get Emma to smile so big for the camera? She is always so happy, even when she is sick.

Amanda said...

That's so cute. She just has a style of her own. :)

Barbara said...

beauty is as beauty does...F.Gump

Jill said...

I was going to echo what Kat said. My doc said to make sure to give them choices to help their decision making abilities. And, little boys can pick out some fabulous outfits, too! Brandon can be quite opinionated about his clothing.

The Parkers said...

I'm glad to see you finally bought some clothes for Emma.
I rather like Abi's choice.