Monday, March 10, 2008

THIS IS COOL STUFF!!!

Abi has a cute Ikea flower light that Aunt Courtney gave her for her birthday. We put it up under her bed so that she has some extra light when she's playing down there. We decided to get a second one because it wasn't quite bright enough. We finally (well, Steve anyway) put it up last night. Abi loves when Steve is doing little projects where he needs his tools, so she was thrilled when he got out some screwdrives for this one. She was right there beside him the whole time playing with the screwdriver that he wasn't using at the moment.

When Steve was all done we noticed that Abi had left the room and was being very quiet. Steve came out to our living room where his big red toolbox is and found her digging through it. Well, for those of you that know Steve and his love for tools, you can only imagine how happy this made him that his little girl was playing with the tools. He sat down with her and started teaching her the names of all the different tools, needlenose pliers, rubber mallet, wrenches, and our favorite, screwbadribers (screwdrives) as Abi calls them. As they were going through his tool box Abi exclaimed, "This is cool stuff!!!"

For Steve, it just doesn't get any better than that!

3 comments:

Darleen said...

Oooo...I like those flower lights. How fun! Not quite sure why kids are attached to tools. My kids love them too.

Unknown said...

I love how in the first picture, Steve isn't looking at his daughter with love and pride, but at his tools. Hehehe
I'm the same way when I get a new screwbadriber.
-Al

d.r. gib said...

I love her hair do. Cute pony tails. Abi the builder. we love tools here too.