Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day at the Brooklyn Bridge


Yesterday was THE PERFECT day! Steve has been dying to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge pretty much since we moved out here so we figured that Memorial Day would be the best time to do it. We got up early to catch a train to Grand Central and then we started walking. We decided to take our time and walk from GCT clear down to the bridge. It took about an hour and a half, but we had a great time. We took our time, stopped at a park to let Abi out to play, Emma and Abi each took their turns at napping, enjoyed the scenery and then finally met up with Rob and Stephanie Anderson.

Before heading across the bridge we had lunch at Chipotle-ooh, it was YUMMY! And then we were off to the bridge. It was a pretty warm day and the bridge was very crowded, but we still really enjoyed ourselves. The bridge is about a mile long so it took us a little while, but the girls were so good. Afterwards we decided to take the subway back because we couldn't walk one more step. It was a great day!!!

7 comments:

The Arbuckle's said...

I think you and the whole city of New York decided to walk the bridge as well.

Looks like a lot of fun. Next time you should wear a step counter, I bet you walked 4 miles yesterday.

Darleen said...

I can't believe you walked that much. It looks like you got your exercise in for the day.

Rachael said...

You guys are amazing for walking the whole bridge! Bravo!

Ritch in Love said...

ooo! love that idea!

d.r. gib said...

What a great day! Not many people can say they walked the Brooklyn Bridge on Memorial Day. Well, except for all those other people. Plus, I love your shorts, where did you get them?

Heather said...

Wow...that is awesome. I've always wanted do that. We're going to be in NYC in July and I think we might have to do this. Since you're becoming an NYC expert, any other recommendations on what we should DEFINITELY do while we are there?

Marti said...

Cool...and tiring!
I have a stroller just like yours! Aren't BOBs the best?!