Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

Yesterday I had to run to Costco to order Emma's birthday cake (yeah, I know, I'm lazy-but I'm not going to make one this time around-too much other stuff to do). On the way there Abi fell asleep-now usually if we get her out of the car within a few minutes of her falling asleep she'll wake up, so I thought we'd be alright. I put Emma in the cart and then went to get Abi out, well she didn't wake up, so I thought I'd set her down in the back of the cart and she'd for sure wake up. Still nothing, in fact, she was sitting up and holding on, but she was still asleep. So I decided to get the blankets out of the car and put them down in the back and lay her down. I figured this wouldn't last long once we got inside with all the noise and such. Nope!!! She slept through the WHOLE trip to Costco. Emma was in the front and thought it was pretty funny, she kept turning to look at Abi and she'd end up giggling. Then she kept throwing her juice on Abi-that made her laugh even harder-don't tell Abi, but I laughed pretty good too. And I don't know how many people stopped us to say something about it or laughed as they walked by and saw our little sleeping beauty.
(Please excuse the bad picture-it was with my cell phone)
Not only did she sleep the whole time we were at Costco, but she slept the whole way home and then another hour once we got home. I don't know what I did to her, but I wore her out somehow. It was hilarious though, it has never happened before and most likely never again. It did make for a nice, peaceful trip though.

13 comments:

Rachael said...

Cute! Did anyone say anything to you? Wow - my kids would never do that :)

The Arbuckle's said...

That is funny. I wish Noah would sleep like that.

Ritch in Love said...

Could she teach Colton how to do that?

Barbara said...

this is a trick that little children do- they can sleep deeply while you have to run all around - that way, when you're exhausted, they have bonus energy to stay up all night... I can't wait for July! love you all!

The Dillinghams said...

It's like when they decide to fall into a deep sleep, there's nothing you can do! So funny. I'll have to try to teach that one to Dane so I can shop in peace one day!

The Parkers said...

My kids do that all the time. Costco is way better than the grocery store because the carts are bigger. We keep a blanket in the van just for Costco sleepers!

Kristen said...

that's pretty funny. She must have really been asleep.

rachel said...

thats so cute! now if only she could teach emma...

d.r. gib said...

How funny! i can't believe she could sleep with the noise of the cart and the people. My favorite is that she was even sitting up and holding on, but was asleep. That takes talent!

Darleen said...

That's happened before with us. And it's great because the carts are so big, making shopping so much easier.

The Cochran Family said...

Ryan did that one time, but his head was hanging over the side of the cart and people would just stop and say, "kids, they can sleep anywhere" Don't you love when they surprise you lioke that..you got to enjoy her silent beautiful side for a while :)

Marti said...

Would-never-happen with my kids. Never. They won't even sleep in the car on road trips! I don't know what the deal is? Anyway, maybe she's growing. Kids sleep a LOT when they are growing.

Steph said...

I'm amazed that she didn't wake up.I would be even more amazed if that happened to any of my kids.