Thursday, July 31, 2008

First time at the dentist

I finally found a dentist that would see Abi...they were GREAT!!! This place was more like a carnival than a dentist-they had games, stickers, prizes, balloons, teddy bears, cartoons playing, you name it. They were so great with Abi and Abi was surprisingly good. I thought it was going to be a fight to get her to open her mouth for the dentist, but Dr. Torri was amazing with Abi. She showed her all of the instruments and touched them to her hand before putting them into her mouth so she knew what to expect. She sat there (on my lap) and got her teeth counted-she has all 20 baby teeth-let the dentist check out her cavity, and got her teeth cleaned-she was GREAT! We have to go back next week to have her cavity filled, but she is actually excited to go back and see Dr. Torri.

When we were leaving was when all the fun began-they let Abi pick out some stickers, she got a quarter to put in the vending maching and got a toy, they took her picture, they gave her a goody bag with a few toothpastes, a toothbrush, a sucker, and a frisbee. Then, if those weren't enough prizes, they gave her a cute teddy bear.

Look at all that loot!



I am so glad Abi had a good first experience at the dentist. I'm sure next week will be a little harder since they'll be doing the drilling and all, but the nitrous oxide should help with that.

If any of you out here need a referral for a good pediatric dentist-go to http://www.dentalcarekids.com/ and check 'em out.

8 comments:

The Parkers said...

Yay! I'm so glad she loved it.
Oh, and I just read your comment on my blog. You're so full of baloney! :)

Kristen said...

I am glad that you finally found someone. Looks like a fun dentist.

Amanda said...

Cute pictures. She really did get a lot of loot!

The Arbuckle's said...

I want to go to that dentist. I'm glad she enjoyed it but I think after her cavity getting filled maybe another story.

Good Luck

Alisa said...

The laughing gas really helps them to not care so much. The harder part is getting them to leave the mask on long enough for it to help, and then to keep them from chewing their lips to pieces afterward! Gregory kept gnawing at his lips and the inside of his cheek because the numb sensation was so weird for him. Abi will do fine. I'm glad you found someone who would see her! Just curious- did that dentist think it was weird that the others wouldn't see her?

d.r. gib said...

What a nice dentist! Good luck next week Abi!

I saw your memory you posted. I have so many memories of us it is hard to pick just one. I loved helping you find your wedding dress, we had so much fun running around town looking for THE dress.

Rachael said...

Wow - a teddy bear as well! Sounds like a great place.

Steph said...

That is where our kids go. They love the dentist. We aren't completely covered by our insurance but it is worth the extra money just for the positive experience they have each time we go. Plus they love the goodie bag!