Well, we are moving...to Utah...I know...it's FAST! While we were in Utah Steve's friend called him and told him about a job opening that he knew of, we weren't even looking. Well, to make a long story short, Steve had about 5 interviews (one in Utah and the rest over the phone or in NYC) and on Friday he got an offer from them. They want him to start on Sept. 2nd, so that means he has 2 more weeks at PWC here and then we pack up and head to Utah.
We are really excited to be headed back there and be near our families, but at the same time we are really sad to leave the family that we have made out here. We have some truly wonderful friends that I never imagined I'd make before we came out here. Steve warned me before we moved to Connecticut (I wasn't too excited about the move) that it would be really hard to move back to Utah...of course I didn't believe him, but like with most things, he was right. I am really sad to leave our great friends, I know Abi's going to miss her sweet little friends, but we feel really good about this decision.
We are so happy to be able to raise our kids with their cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents. We know we'll make some new friends and hopefully keep in touch with our Connecticut friends.
So starting in September Steve is going to be working for Merrill Lynch in downtown Salt Lake and I will be able to feast on Cafe Rio (don't tell Steve) more often. We're not sure of any other details yet, but things seem to be falling in to place.
19 comments:
Hillary...this is wonderful news! I'm thrilled for you guys and I know Kat will love having you back home. Good luck with the move!
congrats- It seems as if this is the summer to move from our ward!
I know that we've chatted, but this is a sad day indeed. You guys will be missed here in CT!
I know your family is so excited and I am excited for them to have you close by but we are going to miss you here.
You guys were great friends and it has been nice that we were neighbors.
Harumph, but congratulations too. I knew this day would come, I'm just so very sad it is so soon. But you guys will be happy there before you know it, and think of how many options you'll have for places to stay when you come back to visit!
yeah I'm so happy for you guys. It looks as if everything is falling into place. Congrats on the new job. We are also moving back west this month. crazy how fast plans change.
Yeah!!!! (Sorry Allison)
many mixed emotions i am sure, but on our side ONLY ONE! EXCITED! I cannot wait to all get together. I was pretty bummed we missed you last time! Now we can chill all the time!
LOVE IT!
I know I told you already - but we are going to miss you guys so much!! And even though I am more sad than you know -I am also very excited for you and your family. It will be so nice to be close to them. Let me know what we can do to help you guys in the process of the move.
Oh and another thing... I'm so jealous that you will be able to go to Cafe Rio any time you want!
WHAT THE HECK!?!?! Oh man! I'll be sad, but I am so very excited for you. We have moved a LOT of times and each time it is a little sad when we leave, but we have gathered so many new friends each time that now I love moving. I'm beyond jealous that you will get to see family so much. Let me know when the packing fun begins. I would love to help.
-Al
We are very sad over here...how will I break the news to Dane?? But we are happy for you and know it will be so nice to be close to family. Good luck and let us know if you need help.
We, in our house, are quite happy. Not to rub it in or anything! We're excited to be getting you guys back!
Wow! What a fast change! Of course Hill a bob, if anyone can handle it YOU can! I'm excited to reconnect with you in person though. Dinner is a must once you are settled in! Good luck with the transition!
Like I told you, I am so glad I was able to come visit while you were living in CT. Sorry to all your friends, but I am selfish and very happy that you are coming back!! Go Utes!
We will miss you tons Hillary! It wont be the same without you :(
Congratulations!!!
That is so exciting for you and your family. This is something that you've mentioned wanting and I am so happy for you. I am sure well see you a few times before you move but, good luck with everything. I'll look forward to seeing what you are up to with your blog.
Bre
That still gets me laughing to. I loved getting to know Josh, he is so cute. We really did have so much fun with you. I am so glad you thought of us on your time off. We do look forward to visiting you also.
Take care
Bre
You're gonna have to change your blog name! :) COngrats! I am so happy for you! It will be soo fun to finally go house shopping and live like the "normal folk" do! Make sure you post pixs of the new "crib" and the move! Good Luck and congrats, congrats, congrats!
Post a Comment