Lindsey Arbuckle asked me last week what the first thing was that I was going to do when we got to Utah. My response was, "either eat at Cafe Rio or get a haircut." As of today, I have fulfilled both of those things. The night we flew in we had Cafe Rio for dinner-it did NOT disappoint. Then today I went and got a haircut...she cut almost 7 inches off and I LOVE IT! I'll post a picture later, I have to find my camera. (Plus it was only $27 dollars-can you believe it?!?!?!)
One other fun thing we did was go to the Ute Fan Fest up at Rice Eccles Stadium on Saturday with my dad and the Gibsons (thanks Jason for the suggestion). It was a fun day-all the athletic departments had booths set up at the football stadium, they were giving free stuff away, the marching band was there, all the players were there, there were contests, lots of food, a bouncy house that Abi loved playing in-you name it, they had it. 

Our favorite part was going down onto the field. Abi got a little football, so she and Steve played a few downs. She's pretty good! :)
We still sorta feel like we're on vacation, but our car arrived today, so it's starting to sink in a bit. I think Abi was glad to see it, she was asking to get on the airplane and go to our home, so having our car will help it feel a little more like home.
11 comments:
Oh the things you get to enjoy in Utah. It's going to be great for you! I'm envious of that $27 haircut!
Glad you are doing well. We will be excited to hear about your ne adventures.
Looks like a lot of fun. Good Luck with the move and everything else that will come your way.
Poor Abi she just wants to come to the home that she has ever known, it breaks my heart.
Good luck with your move! We are so excited for you guys! Enjoy the west coast, especially the hair cuts!
Oh we miss you! Looks like you're having fun. I have no idea what Cafe Rio is, so if we come out there some day, you'll have to educate me.
wahoo!!! you are here!
Oh, I'm so glad you have your priorities straight! GO UTES!
i cant wait to see your haircut and I would love some of that cafe rio. your day at the football stadium is something my family would have loved.
Well miss you guys (especially Steve's good-humored BYU jokes)! We're heading to Utah too, so I'm sure we'll see you down the road.
BTW – I noticed in the picture that you are the only ones at the Ute Fan Fest… :)
-Greg
we miss you. so anything new yet with the home search?
I dont blame you about the haircut. I've yet to find a good one here :)
Post a Comment