Monday, June 29, 2009

So far this summer

It's been a pretty wet summer so far so we haven't gotten out and done too much in the sun, but things are drying out and we've been able to get out and enjoy some great weather.  Here are a few pics of what we've done so far this summer:

Got out the kiddie pool at grandma's.  Baby Nate even jumped in for some splashing!  It was a pretty hot day, so I'm sure this felt great!

We went to Hogle Zoo:  We love going here, plus we have a membership, so that makes is easy to go more often!
I'm not sure why, but the carousel really scared the girls-they've been on Merry-go-rounds before, but they weren't very happy about it this time.  Luckily there was this big peacock that didn't move at all, they enjoyed that.
And of course you can't walk past the lion statues without posing for a pic.  Emma was more excited about the woodchips in the garden behind the lions.

 We've also been up the canyon to throw rocks in the raging river.  This one made me a little nervous having the kids that close to the water-it was MOVING FAST!  The rocks they were throwing in, even the bigger ones that Steve threw in, wouldn't even hit the bottom before they were whisked away down stream...I kept imagining in my mind what would happen if it were one of my girls that fell in-SCARY!  Luckily the girls were being very careful and good!  This is always a fun activity, what is it with kids and rocks??

More fun to come, stay tuned...

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Sorry I've been bad at commenting on blogs lately. The first few weeks of summer post-school have been so insane.

I have to say of all the pictures - the one by the river looks the most inviting. And I can totally empathize with fears of kids and falling into a rough current. And maybe it's just the high temps talking - but that water looks SO refreshing right now!! Take us with you next time :)

d.r. gib said...

The zoo was so fun, and the temp that day was perfect. We went again today and it got really hot!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the girls throwing rock in the river. I am getting excited to spend some time in the mountain during our visit in July.

Gary said...

what was steve looking at in the picture with the girls at the river. do i need to kick his butt for letting them get that close to the water!!!! wait for the first water ski ride!!

The Arbuckle's said...

I know what you mean about the crazy weather. Looks like your having a fun summer so far.