I was just sitting here thinking I need to update my blog but didn't have anything to blog about, then I realized that I have never blogged about our fun trip up to the Hill Air Force Base Museum about a month or so ago. It was kind of a spur of the moment trip up there and we lucked out that Mike and Jill didn't have anything going on either, so they were able to come with us.
This museum was really amazing! It showed some history of flight and the first planes. Talked about the first flight being in Kitty Hawk, NC which was fun since we've been there (we didn't make it to the museum while we were in the Outer Banks, but we did buy a plane shaped kite from Kitty Hawk Kites). But the favorite by far was all the military planes they had on display!

Emma was content to hang out in the stroller for the most part, luckily, because this was a huge place that I didn't want to chase her around in. We liked the big shark mouth painted on this one.

Can you see Abi??? There she is crouched down in the shadow at the very front of this HUGE plane-or maybe JET is the more appropriate word. She really liked the ones outside.

This helicopter grabbed her attention because of the star on it.

Steve and Emma were there too, I promise!
We had a fun time (and it's FREE!!!) We're hoping to maybe go back this weekend because they will have more planes on display that you can actually get in, but it may be a MAD HOUSE, so we're still not sure. If you're headed up let us know, we may tag along!
3 comments:
My sister lives up by Hill Air and those jets are LOUD! What a fun field trip!
Cool! We need to go up there.
Looks like fun!
I heard some exciting new!!
Congratulations on your up coming move!
Post a Comment