Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A big move

Well, I know word has gotten out a bit, but I guess it's time to make the announcement official! We are moving to West Grove, PA in November...Steve got a job there with Chatham Financial and will begin mid-November. I'm not sure if you were all aware that after we moved back to SLC from Connecticut Steve's new company, Merrill Lynch, got sold 2 weeks after he started working there. Well, ever since then we have been up in the air with what to do and where to go. We are happy to say that we are no longer in limbo (you may recall my post from a few months back when I was really stressed out and nervous not knowing where we were headed in the future) and we are finally able to move forward.

We are really excited about this move (sorry family, I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's true!) and know that it's the right one for us. Steve took months interviewing at different companies both here in SLC and back east and here we are! Steve and I went to Pennsylvania a few weeks ago to find us a place to rent out there for a while before we bought a house. Well, things didn't go exactly as planned and we came back homeowners!!! (well, not technically I guess, we haven't closed on the house yet, but we're getting there) We are so excited to finally own our own little plot of land after 9 1/2 years of marriage and (almost) 3 kids! We were really blessed with how everything came together, from our wonderful realtors (if any of you are ever moving to Chester County, PA please let me know and I'll hook you up with these wonderful people!) to the house that Steve I and loved being the cheapest by quite a bit and it's ready to move in-no repairs or painting required!!!

Currently we are living in Steve's parents basement since our lease at the Brigham ran out last week. Steve is going to drive to Pennsylvania with a few of his brothers at the end of October to close on our home and get us all moved in (oh, also, if you need a good moving company I can refer you to one of those too-they were the BEST!!!) and then the THREE kids and I will come out a few weeks later. We made sure to get a home with 4 bedrooms, so please come and visit us, we'd LOVE it!

If you want to see some pics of our home-to-be you can check out this link on Zillow...the current homeowner is amazing at decorating, I'm sure it won't look quite this beautiful once we move in-but we'll get there!
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19-Haines-Dr-West-Grove-PA-19390/54722325_zpid/

7 comments:

Kristen said...

What a great house!!

The Arbuckle's said...

I bet your family is so sad to see you leave but I'm glad that you and your family know where you will be.

I'm glad that you will be closer, we will for sure come and visit.

Rachael said...

This is so bittersweet for us. We love that Steve found a great job - love that you have a beautiful house. Hate that you are leaving us :(

Abi said...

Awesome. the house is amazing. wow. and congrats. so should we really try to hang before you leave?

The Parkers said...

Wow, check out that backyard! I'm so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!! That home is beautiful and to have so much space and a yard, sounds WONDERFUL!

Alisa said...

Wow- that is a beautiful house- and that yard is huge! You'll love having a yard- especially with your three kids!