Monday, September 14, 2009

Arveseth Labor Day Extravaganza 2009-Park City, UT

It is an almost yearly tradition in the Arveseth family to take a trip of some sort over Labor Day weekend.  This year we ventured up to Park City for some fun.  We had a great time and wore ourselves out completely by the time we came home.  We got up there Friday night in time for dinner and bedtime, but we were up and at 'em early Saturday for a full day of fun!  

We started out with all the fun stuff there is to do in the summer at the Park City Ski Resort.  We took the kids on some rides in "The Little Miners Park."  These airplanes were by far their favorite, I'm not even sure how many times they ended up going on them.  There was also a merry-go-round and and little rocket train.

Abi on the planesAlign Center-we could NOT get her to look at us for a pic!
Ali, Emma, and Sami on the merry-go-round.  They loved this ride too!

Then is was off to the slides.  They first went on the Coaster ride up there but I didn't get up there in time to get any pics of them coming down.  Emma was too small to go on it, so I stayed behind with her while Steve took Abi down.  It took some convincing to get her to go, but once she went once, she wanted to go again and again.  Unfortunately for me, they don't allow pregnant people to go on any of the rides, so I got to watch and take the pics.

After that everyone headed over to the Alpine Slide...a big hit with everyone!  I waited at the bottom to take everyone's pics as they got to the bottom.

Brock was the first one down-he got stuck behind a slow-poke :) Doesn't he look thrilled?!?!

Uncle Jim (well, Abi's uncle-he's Steve's bro) was nice enough to take Abi since I couldn't and Steve had Emma.  They had a blast and Jim said they didn't even go slow for her!  
(I have no clue why this is all getting underlined but it won't let me fix it!)

Steve and Emma-who had a BLAST!!!! and cousin Jace in front of them.

Maddie

Doug and Eliza-they were FLYING when they came down!!!
Steve's dad, Jim, and Sami
Cousin Zach
Cousin Amanda
Mike and Brandon
Jill and Syd-she was a little unhappy :(
Align Center
Kellie-flying SOLO
Align Center
Scott and Emily
Steve's mom, Renae, and Ali
After all the fun at the ski resort we headed over to the Olympic Park for some ski jumping-this was pretty cool!  We were lucky because it was the last demonstration of the year, I'm glad we got to see it.  

Abi had to try out the luge before we got started
Steve and Emma enjoying the show...
Abi loved it and asked about a million questions about everything she saw-

The rest of the weekend we kind of took it easy, we swam (well, I didn't), more Alpine Slide and Miners Village, we stuffed ourselves silly with food, played some games, and just hung out.  It was a great, relaxing vacation!

1 comment:

rachel said...

wow you guys have so much to look forward too! a new baby, new house, new job...! We are so excited for you guys! that house looks awsome!!! LOVE the kitchen and the HUGE backyard!