Abi was so sure that our baby was going to be a girl and we were having a really hard time convincing her otherwise. Well, her cute little friend Daniel Detling came to visit from Connecticut and she was SO excited to play with him. She said to me one day before we went to see him, "Daniel's a boy, so maybe our baby can be a boy." Well then she also really wanted to name him Daniel but we had already decided on the name Jason but we thought Jason Daniel had a nice ring to it-so he got him middle name from her friend. Well, if that wasn't enough, she took some liberties adding to his name. The baby's official full name is Jason Daniel Lightning McQueen Brock Matt (sorry Matt, you got bumped a spot when Brock got added) baby Arveseth.
So here's the breakdown:
Jason: Steve and I both really like the name (and we have a good friend named Jason back in CT)
Daniel : you already heard this story
Lightning McQueen: They watched the movie Cars a bunch of times right before the baby was born so it was on her mind.
Brock: her cousin that she just loves to death and mauls everytime he comes around. Good thing he's such a good sport and lets her.
Matt: Her uncle that bribed her to make an annoying sound to bother Steve. If she did this he promised to buy her a Barbie. She did her part, so he followed up with the Barbie-he got his name-she's not above bribes.
Baby-not sure!
4 comments:
Cute! I have a friend I work with that both her girls have one same name. Her little girl wanted her sister to have the same name as her. Parker would name his sibling baby. Bear is bear and dog is dog. Guess he doesn't get the naming thing yet.
I'm so glad she likes Daniel enough that she want to name her baby Daniel as well. I remember you telling me that when we were in Utah! So sweet. Daniel thinks it's pretty cool. Daniel wants to know what Abi is going to be for Halloween.
I love the lightning mcqueen part. We have been watching that movie a bunch and I bet Noah would love to name his baby brother that.
Great name.
Hilary congrats on you baby jason. He is adorable. Im so happy for you all. he will be well taken care of with two big sisters.
Post a Comment