Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Introducing Jason Daniel Arveseth! He was born on Oct. 6th, 2009 at

7:30 pm. He was 7 lbs. 15 oz and 20 1/2 ins. long

I went in to the hospital to be induced around 1:15. By about 3:00

I was FINALLY hooked up to the pitocin and moving along.

Once I got the epidural a few hours later everything moved

REALLY quickly. I went from a 6 to a 10 in 15 minutes and

after only about 20 minutes of pushing he was here.

Probably the easiest labor yet!

Jason has been such a wonderful little guy. He almost

NEVER cries-unless he's really hungry! He is sleeping

really well-we'll feed him around 9:30 and he'll

sleep until about midnight and then get up again

around 4:00 and then sleep until morning. We

have been really blessed and lucky because I don't do well

on little sleep-I can get mean :)

The girls are just loving him! Abi has taken on the

role of mommy, she's always wanting to hold him, feed

him, and she's always cleaning(nesting instincts :).

Every time she comes into view of him we hear

"Isn't he SOOO cute!?!?" I love it. Emma is always talking

to him and kissing him on the head. She still is having

a little trouble sharing the attention, she gets a little

sad, but I have noticed a BIG improvement since we

first brought him home.

I am actually feeling pretty good. I still am pretty worn

out by the afternoon, but physically I am doing a lot

better than I thought I'd be at this point.

Steve can't get enough of this little guy! He is puddy in

his little hands!

We are so happy to have him in our home, it has

really felt like a natural, smooth transition. We have

received a lot of help, phone calls, meals,

gifts, etc. It seems like right as I get caught up on

thank-you cards someone else is knocking on the door

with something for us. Hopefully I can catch up soon!

But here is a big THANK YOU to hold you over

until you get your official one, we really appreciate

everything everyone is doing for us!!!!!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

so fun!! He is adorable. Glad to hear all is well at your house.

The Arbuckle's said...

What a cutie! He looks just like an arveseth. Love the name!

Glad to hear your labor went smoothly and that the girls are loving him as well.

Can't wait to meet him.

d.r. gib said...

I love the pic with his arms over his face. Also, will you send me the pic with me, because may hair looks better in this one then the one I have on my camera. (I know, that is shallow)

Love him!

Meredith said...

congratulations!! glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Love those cheeks! btw, you are some loyal fans, starting him that early with U of U gear :)

The Dillinghams said...

Ok, he is adorable. I wish I could get my hands on him right now! Glad everything is going well. Hope everything continues to go smoothly!

Amanda said...

He is so sweet! Honestly I can't wait to meet him in person! Daniel approves of the name by the way. ;)I'm not suprised that your girls are being good big sisters. He's a lucky little boy. You look great too Hillary!

Allison M. said...

Congratulations!! I can't wait to squeeze him...you and Steve do nice work!

Steph said...

Congrats on the boy Steve! You can chalk that one up to living right on and off the field.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Arveseths!!! He is such a handsome little guy. It's good to hear that you are all doing so well. It sounds like you have a really great helper with Abby. We are excited for you, take care. Bre