Thursday, June 24, 2010

Father's Day Photos

For Father's Day this year I really wanted to get Steve a picture of the kids for his desk at work. We haven't been the best at getting family photos taken-usually because one or more of the kids refuses to cooperate whenever we try to do something like that. We did get some taken a few months ago and when we got the proofs back they were all AWFUL!!! We didn't order any, I was really bummed because I was very excited to get our first professional family photo EVER-we never even got one with just Abi-we're way behind!

Anyway, one morning I decided to get the kids dressed up and take them out back and try to take their pics myself. I was just HOPING that Emma wouldn't get all grumpy and that I'd get one or two decent ones that would be worthy of a picture frame. I was pleasantly surprised with how the kids behaved and how the pictures turned out. And with the help of Aperture (my photo editing software) I was able to make them look even prettier. Here are my favorites:

This is the one I framed for Steve. I ended up doing it for both Grandpas too.

This picture was actually of all 3 kids but I just LOVED Abi's face in this one-
Angelic!
I thought this was just a sweet moment of all 3 kids, they LOVE each other so much!
I liked this one too. I actually printed this one out also and put it in the frame BEHIND the other picture.
I love these little rascals so much! They are such wonderful kiddos.

5 comments:

d.r. gib said...

They are adorable! I love Abi's shirt too!

The Arbuckle's said...

cute pics. your kids are getting so big, especially abi. We are hoping to come to PA in August, we'd love to hang out.

Amanda said...

Great pictures! Everyone looks so grown up. Daniel was remembering today about when we all went to the dinosaur museum in Utah and keeps telling me "PA isn't so far away mom..." Is that a hint or what? :) Anyway, we'll have to get these guys together sometime! We miss you guys. Hope you had fun with the Dillinghams - I told her I was jealous! :)

Rachael said...

I agree. I love the 2nd to last one - the one that is now on your header section. They look really good!

Cath said...

Hillary - these pictures are so darling. I especially love the one as your header. So sweet. And I totally can relate to your weeding post. Ack! Dirt flying in your mouth, hot, itchy. But there is something rewarding about baring some small patch of earth. Doug said your house is wonderful. Yeah!