One morning we didn't really have anything planned so the four of us (Steve had to work)along with my wonderful Mother-in-law, Renae, headed on downtown. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. It was a little chilly when we first got there, but that was perfect because it never got too hot for us. We didn't stay for more than an hour, but it was perfect and definitely a breath of fresh air. I love going to Temple Square, it is so peaceful, beautiful, and calm there-almost as wonderful as going IN the Temple itself.



We also stopped and played at the reflection pond and threw in some coins but I am just realizing that I didn't take ONE picture of them over there-what was I thinking?!?! Anyway, it was a wonderful and beautiful outing. I could come to Temple Square over and over and never get sick of it. I miss living so close to it that I could walk there in less than 5 minutes. The kids miss going and seeing all the beautiful flowers and the sparkly Temple. Hopefully the Temple they're going to begin construction on here in Philly will have the same wonderful feel and become "OUR Temple" too!
Our first stop was in the Tabernacle. My kids LOVE the organ pipes so we had to get a picture of them posing with the pipes.

And of course, you can't skip the "BIG FOUNTAIN." It was great this time because whenever we'd go before the girls would get really scared (especially Emma) when the fountain got big like this. This time, I handed them each a few coins and they ran right up to it to throw in their money. They even let me take a pic-YAY!!!

And then the girls each HAD to get their picture taken while pointing to the temple from the little pedestal that a lot of people use for a pic on their wedding day...silly!

We also stopped and played at the reflection pond and threw in some coins but I am just realizing that I didn't take ONE picture of them over there-what was I thinking?!?! Anyway, it was a wonderful and beautiful outing. I could come to Temple Square over and over and never get sick of it. I miss living so close to it that I could walk there in less than 5 minutes. The kids miss going and seeing all the beautiful flowers and the sparkly Temple. Hopefully the Temple they're going to begin construction on here in Philly will have the same wonderful feel and become "OUR Temple" too!
No comments:
Post a Comment